The Offer I Obtained

The previous Sunday midnight, I got two identical short messages from my friends. It’s stated:
“Keputusan UPU akan dikeluarkan pada 19hb Jun 2006. Taip UPU No.k/p & hantarkan ke 32300. hantarkan kpd yg lain yg berkenaan.”

I have no sensation and reaction with it even if I knew that possibly true. Maybe I had enough mentally preparation for the consequences?! Of course no la! In fact, the NTV news had announced the result of graduate lists will be released on the third week of June earlier.

I was going very nervous in the morning and sent a short message to 32300. I wondered why as well. The speed of responses is rather high. Within seconds the reply was coming. “Beep…beeps…”
“permohonan anda telah diterima dan sedang diproses. Sila semak keputusan pada minggu keempat bulan jun.”

Disappointed. I somewhat hoped the results could be released as early as possible. “Let me take pleasure in today first,” I thought. Well, I’m not prepared to veil that the pleasure I mentioned is surfing. Ha-ha. The higher education ministry website was running as usual and got zilch new announcement posted at the afternoon.

When I’m already be seated in the car, yet again two short messages came to my phone.
“What course and university you got?”
“Do you still keep in mind the exam code?”

“S-H-I-T ! The result was released already?! Why the reply I obtained that morning mentioned another way? Do I fall short of having a seat in any of the local campus? A short message was once more sent to the UPU. This time, the response of UPU and I are VERY different.

My response started from Happy, Perplexed, Excited, Disappointed and Panic again.
The short message went like this:
“TAHNIAH Anda berjaya ke KUSTEM. Kursus GC10 Teknologi Maklumat (Kejuruteraan Perisian)”

Let me make clear the expression I brought up above.
H-A-P-P-Y = Finally I got the good news (able to get in local university)
P-E-R-P-L-E-X-E-D = what is KUSTEM?
E-X-C-I-T-E-D = I got the information technology (software engineering) course! One major part of computer science which is my forth choice.
D-I-S-A-P-P-O-I-N-T-E-D = my dream to wear the white robe (the doctor or biologist wear) was broken. What I studied the last two years has zero links to this course. Almost zero except math.
P-A-N-I-C = Where is KUSTEM located? What does K-U-S-T-E-M stand for? Why I didn’t be concerned with this place before?

With my friend and brother’ conformation through its official website, the conclusion I could make is Terengganu. Why I have strong affinity with Terenggunu ?! I just came back from there last two years ago for national service and now have to go there again!!!!
Fainted.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
6/23/2006 11:57:00 pm

hi, there, now i'm study in kustem. same wif the course offer to you. will be 3rd year student next week. this is my msn, YM and email address: mi_kit49@yahoo.com.
please feel free to add me and ask anything about the course and kustem.

Anonymous said...
8/11/2015 12:49:00 pm

Hai hazel.. how about ur study there.. my daughter also get the same course as yours... i dont know what to xpect... any advice. Thanks ;)

Anonymous said...
8/11/2015 12:49:00 pm

Hai hazel.. how about ur study there.. my daughter also get the same course as yours... i dont know what to xpect... any advice. Thanks ;)

Back to Home Back to Top Hazeland. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.