The Da Vinci Code

In fact, I'm not going to write on this title during its hottest period. It will be quite boring when there are too many comments about the book and also the movie. Ermm, since it's going to cool down and as its reader and audience, I should write something about it, something which is different and fresh, I hope.

Well, whether the book or the movie, it has been a fever topic since its release as we all knew. However, the outline that touched on a murder and religious matter had once made me barely got interest in the story. I'm indeed not a good reader all the time. The Harry Potter series which are arranged properly in my bookshelf look upon me with favor always but I never endeavor to finish the books, not even one of them. Ashamed?

Until last month, I determined to read up the Harry Potter and The Order of Phoenix. After some chapters, I was suddenly seized by a whim to read The Da Vinci Code up and left the Harry Potter aside. Hehe. I'm sorry, J.K Rowling. The reasons are hardly explained maybe? I'm going to explain however. (bleh)

Firstly, Dan Brown should thank to the media as it has well promoted the book with detailed report on the background of the La Giaconda's Smile and the legendary and clandestine conspiracy. Secondly, the contribution of Leonardo Da Vinci cannot be obliterated. In fact, his artworks are intriguing until lots of surmises have been brought about, especially The Last Supper. Thirdly, the truth of the Holy Grail is quite interesting to discover but (Here's a but) I am more interested in understanding the history of Christianity rather than excavate the truth.

The Cross is not my religious symbol and I don't know how it came to be. Ha-ha. I'm curious in everything except those related on history. Nevertheless because of this book, I became curious about its history. Before that, I thought bible is the only book the Christian read. Actually, there are still some versions of it, Old and New Testament and others which I'm not familiar with. Hehe, please forgive my torpor. I imagine this is part of the success of this book.

Before starting its chapters, I have made a promise or a vow to myself, that is this book must be finished reading in two weeks time before its first-run movie. Finally, the show has begun running and I'm still reading. Sob. I finished it a week after the movie began its run.

Actually, I had my grievances, i.e. I was busy accompanying my mum to somewhere and had business to be done. Accordingly, I had delayed my promise.

The next thing I'm ready to put pen to paper for is the praise on The Da Vinci Code. Dan Brown's imagination and the idea really made me admire him. The Fibonacci sequence which is a progression in which each term is equal to the sum of the two preceding terms and Hebrew alphabet with fold- over to break the code (SOFIA) gave me the deepest impression. They are really intriguing. I supposed the author had used lots of time and effort in the researches.

Dan Brown's explanation of the masterpiece - The Last Supper - is also quite logical in some cases, especially on the V shape and the colour of Jesus Christ's clothes and the man beside him who is actually John (Mary Magdalene in the book).

Of course, I stand on neither the book nor the truth side since I'm not a Christian or Catholic. hehe. As Robert Langdon said (forgot the precise text): as long as the one we believe on can give us the right guidance, it doesn't matter which the truth is or whether the Sang real should be revealed. (According to the book).

After commenting the book, I'm trying to talk about the movie. Engaging Tom Hanks as the main actor ? Many criticized the stiff performance of Tom Hanks. Still, I like Tom Hanks to be Robert Langdon and the role of Robert Langdon as Dan Brown described is matching to the performance of Tom Hanks.

I think the criticisms (but with good boxoffice business) was because of the director. Ron Howard couldn't bring out the essence of this book and he just hurriedly shot the film out. With the first Dan Brown book Angels and Demons to be shot soon, I hope Steven Spielberg will not follow the same old disastrous road.


Da Vinci Webquest
Da Vinci Webquest - Answer
Personality of The Issue - Leonardo Da Vinci

0 comments:

Back to Home Back to Top Hazeland. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.